How to report antisocial behaviour

community safety > how to report anti-social behaviour

Quick tips

We understand it can be difficult to pluck up the courage to talk directly to a neighbour about a problem they may be causing. But, sometimes people are unaware they are causing a nuisance, especially when it comes to noise, so a neighbour may just need reminding that their behaviour is upsetting you.

  • Try and approach your neighbour for a 'friendly chat' to discuss things in a calm and reasonable way.
  • Keep a record of all incidents including date, time, what happened and details of anyone else involved.
  • Please do not retaliate as this may result in complaints being made about you.
  • If the other person is unreasonable, just walk away. Do not get involved in an argument.


If you have tried to deal with the problem but it remains the same, depending on the nature of the incident, you can report nuisance behaviour to WDH in the following ways.

Phone OneCALL on 0345 8 507 507 (lines are open all day, every day).

Visit any service access point.

Use our online reporting form.

We encourage you to speak to your neighbour wherever possible to resolve a complaint.

As your landlord we will investigate allegations of nuisance or antisocial behaviour and deal with the complaint appropriately and in confidence.

Please visit our reporting guide to ensure that you are reporting to the correct place.

What happens next?

We will:

  • record your complaint, making sure we get as much accurate information as possible;
  • ask you for full details of what happened and who was involved;
  • start to look into your complaint within seven working days, or 48 hours if the complaint is about threats of violence, domestic abuse or hate behaviour;
  • keep you involved at all stages of the complaint, we will tell you about any progress we make;
  • work closely with other agencies such as West Yorkshire Police and Wakefield Council to help deal with the problem.

Read our ASB Policy and ASB Procedure documents for more information. Further support and advice is also available on the Victim Support and Stop Hate UK websites and by logging in to your online account.