We are committed to building confident communities and teams across the business have contributed to this in a broad range of ways over the past year.
Over the last year, we have built on our partner relationships with other key organisations across the district.
Our relationship with Wakefield CCG and Age UK was strengthened as we expanded the Care Link Responder service to provide a 24/7 response and a wraparound service to patients leaving hospital. Care Link has provided peace of mind to over 15,000 customers and our Mental Health Navigators, which are jointly funded between WDH and the Clinical Commissioning Group, have supported 312 WDH tenants.
Our joint venture, Bridge Homes, has had another successful year, completing its first two developments at St Swithins and ThornesGate, and will begin developing its third site at Calder Fields in 2018 / 2019.
Over the coming year we will continue to invest in developing the properties, services and support that is needed by our customers across the district and beyond.
We strive to continually improve our services by making sure our work mirrors tenants' priorities.
These priorities are chosen following extensive consultation and engagement, along with feedback from our Tenant Survey. Last year our priorities for improvement were:
to deal with
The way we manage nuisance
and antisocial behaviour
Among the actions already undertaken, we have:
- Delivered a customer service training programme to all front line employees.
- Reviewed our customer experience for our repairs service, including communicating what repairs are chargeable and non-chargeable.
- Consulted with our customers to review our Customer Charter Standards.
Rolled out an update of the WDH App to make it easier for customers to deal with us digitally.
- Explored options to introduce Webchat to give customers greater choice in how they contact us.
- Reviewed the process for reporting antisocial behaviour.
We demonstrate our commitment to our environment and our local communities in all that we do.
Click here to see more examples of how we achieve this.