Logout or return to tenant home page

What do i need to do to inform WDH of a change to my name?

What documents we need to see to consider changing your name on your account.

We will consider name changes from tenants / customers where a completed Name Change Request Form is received and sufficient evidence is provided of a change in name.

Examples of the evidence that we would accept are as follows.

  • Marriage - Marriage certificate.
  • Divorce – Decree absolute and birth certificate.
  • Routine name change – Statutory declaration or Deed Poll.

Where the new name proposed by a tenant appears frivolous or offensive we may refuse the application.

We would generally refuse to change a tenant’s name where it:

  • does not include at least one forename and one surname;
  • includes numbers or symbols;
  • is vulgar, offensive or blasphemous;
  • promotes racial or religious hatred;
  • ridicules people or groups, companies or organisations; and
  • may result in others believing the tenant has obtained an honour or award, for example a medical doctor.

Please return your completed form and the evidence required to your nearest WDH service access point. 

Addresses can be found on the Contact Us page of our website.


remove ; take off ; name ; tenancy ; add ; name ; partner ; husband ; wife ; girlfriend ; boyfriend ; fiancée ; fiancé ; family ; friend ; joint ; tenancy ; agreement ; married ; civil ; partnership