Logout or return to tenant home page

What can I do if I am suffering Domestic Abuse?

How to report domestic abuse, help and advice

Domestic abuse is any incident of threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between adults who are or have been intimate partners or family members, regardless of gender or sexuality.

The abuse can take different forms and may include:

  • physical assault;
  • rape;
  • sexual abuse;
  • threats;
  • harassment;
  • intimidation; or
  • verbal abuse and not being free to go anywhere or do anything on your own or with your friends and family.

Anyone can be a victim regardless of their personal circumstances.

We wish to help anyone who feels that they, or their family, are suffering from domestic abuse and will deal with their concerns sensitively and in a supportive manner.

We also work closely with the Wakefield District Domestic Abuse Service (WDDAS), which provides more specialised advice and assistance to victims and their families.

You can contact the WDDAS team on 0800 915 1561.

If you are in an abusive relationship:

  • Remember you are not to blame
  • Remember it is not acceptable
  • Remember you are not alone


victim ; support ; security ; complaint ; domestic violence ; abuse ; marital ; ex boyfriend ; relationship ; abuse ; shouting ; violence ; vandalism ; graffiti ; screaming ; harassment ; prejudice