Logout or return to tenant home page

How do I get a grab rail / stair rail / rail to my front door / wet room / new bathroom / ramp?

Making adaptations to your home

If you are a WDH tenant and think you need adaptations to your home due to your disability, you should contact our Adaptations and Wellbeing Team by phone 01977 724460 or send an email to adaptations@wdh.co.uk

For our tenants there is no charge for the adaptations we make to your home.

If you are a private tenant or owner occupier you should contact Wakefield Council’s Adaptations Service through Social Care Direct on 0345 8 503 503.  

If you are a tenant of another housing association you should contact the housing association directly to ask about their adaptation services.

These are some of the adaptations we can carry out in your home.

  • Grab rails.
  • Stair rails.
  • Rails to steps.
  • Wet rooms.
  • Alterations to bathrooms.
  • Central heating.
  • Ramps for wheelchair access.
  • Half steps.

For more information on the adaptations and equipment we can provide, please call 01977 724460.

WDH does not install mechanical equipment such as through-floor lifts, stair lifts, ceiling track hoists and step lifts, these may be available through Wakefield Council.  Please contact Wakefield Council's Adaptations Service for more information on whether you meet their eligibility criteria. 


apartment ; steps ; grab rail ; stair rail ; disability ; adaptations ; hand rail ; ramp ; shower ; wet room ; toilet seat ; bath seat ; modifications ; falling at home ; fallen in the bath ; falls ; adapted ; adaptations ; urgent ; timescales ; how long