A message from our Chief Executive
Friday, 15 January 2021
With the government’s lockdown message continuing to ask us to stay at home, we have reviewed our services to make sure that we are doing everything we can to prevent the spread of the virus. The health and safety of our customers and our people remains our top priority.
Whilst we have been operating within current government guidelines to minimise face to face contact as much as possible, we have made temporary changes to the work we carry out for our customers in their homes.
From Monday 18 January 2021, our focus will be to provide essential repair services to our customers. This means that we only be going into your home to conduct critical repairs and emergency maintenance works where a repair cannot wait or relates to important compliance issues, such as gas servicing and electrical testing.
To help you understand the changes, here is a full list of the services that are classed as emergency and critical that we will be undertaking.
· Bare or loose wires or live electrical parts
· Water leaking onto electrics such as sockets or lights
· If you can smell burning
· Risk of electric shock
· No power or lighting
· Your smoke alarm is not working
· Door entry failing (unable to access building)
· Blocked drains
· Overflowing drains
· Gaining access to a property
· Roof, doors or windows causing water to leak in
· Suspected asbestos exposure
· Doors or windows not closing leaving property unsecure
· Plaster rectification work (i.e. where plaster has been removed from the wall or following an asbestos incident)
· External repairs
Heating and Plumbing
· Partial loss of heating (in more than one room)
· Partial loss of hot water
· Loss of a bathing facility
· Wet room floors
· Your carbon monoxide detector sounding
Please read our Coronavirus - Emergency and critical repairs guide for more information.
Don’t forget that you can still contact us 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 0345 8 507 507 or contact us on email or through the WDH App.
Our priority is supporting you, our tenants, and working with others to make sure we offer the very best support to our communities in the safest way possible. We will be reviewing our service delivery regularly and will keep you updated on any changes.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please continue stay safe and stay home.
Andy Wallhead, Chief Executive