wdh

News

Community grant for Nostell Village Hall16 April 2014

Published 16 April 2014
Volunteers who help carry out work at Nostell Village Hall were presented with a cheque for £689 at a tea party last week.

Apprentice swaps job to promote vocational education11 February 2014

Published 11 February 2014
Two WDH employees have taken part in a job swap as part of the Brathay Apprentice Challenge - a national competition to find the Apprentice Team of the Year.

Apprentices spruce up local community house in latest challenge10 February 2014

Published 10 February 2014
A team of nine WDH apprentices have been sprucing up Cutsyke Community House as part of the 2014 Brathay Apprentice Challenge - the official search to find the ‘Apprentice Team of the Year’.

Former apprentice explains Gas and Heating Ventilation role10 February 2014

Published 10 February 2014
Former WDH apprentice, Matthew Raine, talks about being a Gas and Heating Ventilation Engineer.

WDH apprentices visit local college9 February 2014

Published 9 February 2014
Two WDH apprentices visited Hemsworth Arts and Community College this week to talk to students about the benefits of doing an apprenticeship.

Test13 January 2013

Published 13 January 2013
 
Tags :
Back to top
General
WDH News | The latest news from WDH
wdh

News

Community Champion Winner: Jane Robinson and Tiny Hands Baby Bank9 October 2017

Published 9 October 2017
Jane Robinson won the Community Champion category in WDH’s 2017 Love Where You Live Awards.

Young Achiever Winner 2017: Becky Slater6 October 2017

Published 6 October 2017
Becky won the Young Achiever Category in WDH’s 2017 Love Where You Live Awards.

Respect Champion Winner 2017: Mrs Donna Hyman6 October 2017

Published 6 October 2017
Mrs Donna Hyman won the Respect Champion category at WDH’s 2017 Love Where You Live Awards.

WDH’s winners all love where they live!5 October 2017

Published 5 October 2017
Tenants, residents and community groups were among the winners at WDH’s annual Love Where You Live Awards grand final.

Value for Money Assurance Statement launched4 October 2017

Published 4 October 2017
We are proud to launch our Value for Money (VFM) Annual Assurance Statement 2016/17.
Tags :

WDH’s Independent Living residents raised lots of dough for Macmillan2 October 2017

Published 2 October 2017
Residents at Queen’s Avenue Bungalows in Pontefract raised lots of dough for Macmillan with their coffee morning.

Could you be our new Board Member?29 September 2017

Published 29 September 2017
Are you interested in being involved in the strategic decision making processes of a dynamic business? Are you willing to learn and pass on your knowledge to others?
Tags :

Try 1 thing this Get Online Week!28 September 2017

Published 28 September 2017
Try your first video call, try online shopping, try online banking, try one thing that you’d usually do in person or on the phone and we will help!
Tags :

Children in Outwood learn about site safety20 September 2017

Published 20 September 2017
Children from Outwood Primary School Academy have been working closely with WDH to learn about the importance of staying safe near building sites.
Tags :

Gas Safety Week: Fighting for a Gas Safe nation18 September 2017

Published 18 September 2017
We are proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week 2017, taking place 18th – 24th September.  Gas Safety Week is an annual safety week to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances. It is co-ordinated by Gas Safe Register, the official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work on gas.   Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. It is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.  By taking care of your gas appliances properly you are taking care of your home and your loved ones. Follow these few simple checks to keep you and your family safe. Check any gas appliances you own every year. Gas appliances should be safety checked once a year and serviced regularly by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Set a reminder so you don’t forget at www.staygassafe.co.uk. Check for warning signs your appliances aren’t working correctly e.g. lazy yellow or orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room. Know the six signs of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness. Have an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home. For gas safety advice or to find and check an engineer visit the Gas Safe Register website at www.gassaferegister.co.uk. Alternatively call the free helpline on 0800 408 5500.   
Tags :
Back to top