Logout or return to tenant home page

How do I report antisocial behaviour?

How to report antisocial behaviour and nuisance, support and advice

We understand it can be difficult to pluck up the courage to talk directly to a neighbour about a problem they may be causing.  But, sometimes people are unaware they are causing a nuisance, especially when it comes to noise, so a neighbour may just need reminding that their behaviour is upsetting you.

  • Try and approach your neighbour for a 'friendly chat' to discuss things in a calm and reasonable way.
  • Keep a record of all incidents including date, time, what happened and details of anyone else involved.
  • Please do not retaliate as this may result in complaints being made about you.
  • If the other person is unreasonable, just walk away.  Do not get involved in an argument.

How do I report antisocial behaviour?
If the problem remains the same you can report nuisance or antisocial behaviour to WDH in the following ways.

  • Phone OneCALL on 0345 8 507 507 (lines are open all day, every day).
  • Visit any service access point.
  • Using our online reporting antisocial behaviour form.
  • We encourage you to speak to your neighbour wherever possible to resolve a complaint.
  •  As your landlord we will investigate allegations of nuisance or antisocial behaviour and deal with the complaint appropriately and in confidence.

What happens next?
We will:

  • record your complaint, making sure we get as much accurate information as possible;
  • ask you for full details of what happened and who was involved;
  • start to look into your complaint within five working days, or 24 hours if the complaint is about threats of violence, domestic abuse or hate behaviour;
  • keep you involved at all stages of the complaint, we will tell you about any progress we make;
  • work closely with other agencies such as West Yorkshire Police and Wakefield Council to help deal with the problem.

Read our ASB Procedure document for more information.  Further support and advice is also available on the Victim Support and Stop Hate UK websites and by logging in to your online account


noise ; music ; nuisance ; dogs ; barking ; youths ; drinking ; alcohol ; drugs ; complaint ; harassment ; threats